Saturday, January 25, 2014

Create your own clothing/accessory labels! Cheap & easy to make!

Having labels on your handmade items adds a professional touch while also branding yourself and appealing to wholesale markets! 
Not everyone has the time or wants to deal with making their tags by printing from their computer, ironing from the paper to fabric etc. Not everyone wants to spend $$ on lavish tags. Well, these tags are definitely inexpensive, easy to make and cute. Although they aren't anything fancy they do allow your own personal touch to truly be added to this from designing how it will look to how you write your company name. 
Take a look at these pics to see how I constructed mine!

I purchased Muslin material as well as a fun, funky print. I chose a purple fabric pen. 
I also chose a vibrant orange ribbon as a possible "backing" (later pics will show what I mean) for label. 
Cut material any size of your choosing.
Place the Muslin material, which would be cut slightly smaller than colorful fabric, over the colorful fabric. 
Write your name BEFORE you cut.... I wrote the name after cutting. I don't recommended doing that. 😁
Sew your tag into your item! 😀🌟🌻
Here is an item I made with the tag sewn into the top right hand side. 

It's a simple, inexpensive, and personal way to add your label to the wonderful items you create! 

~Cheri




No comments:

Post a Comment