Monday, January 13, 2014

Make your own Bath Melts!

During this time of year my skin is extremely dry. I'm not talking just a little dryness...I'm talking cracked and bleeding dry skin. Nice, huh?!

I love buying beauty products from cool places such as LUSH Cosmetics. They're awesome and they're also a wee bit costly for me so I only venture out to them once in a blue moon.

I found a cool recipe for homemade bath melts on ecoyogini.blogspot.com . I changed it up a bit due to what ingredients I had on hand.

Here's what you'll need:

4 Tsp Cocoa Butter
4 Tsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Almond Oil (A little less would be fine)
Beeswax (This is the part you need to get a bit creative with. I added roughly around 4 Tsp of beeswax to                     add a little hardening to these so they didn't just melt the moment they left the fidge. Add a little                     more or less depending on what you think. Let me know if you add an amount that works better!)
8-12 drops of essential oil ( I used Eucalyptus EO)
5-8 drops of Tangerine EO <-----optional

Use a double boiler and melt all ingredients together, except EO,  over med/low. Remove and add EO. I used an ice tray that I purchased at the dollar store and put oatmeal in each "molding" before pouring mixture. Pour your mixture into the cube molds and place in the fridge for an hour and then they're ready for use! Just drop 1/2-1 melt in  a hot bath and viola!

NOTE: It is recommended to keep these melts in the fridge until use due to potentially melting in room temperature. ALSO, a reminder that these melts will create a slippery bath. Use with caution when entering and exiting your bath tub.

Enjoy!
Cheri
Eucalyptus & Tangerine with Oatmeal Bath Melts



No comments:

Post a Comment