Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Breastfeeding Kit

There are two things that I can not live with out when running errands and breastfeeding: Hooter Hider and Baby Bjorn carrier. These two items have made my life so much easier. I have been able to run errands and do light house work while carrying my baby in the Bjorn and nursing at the same time. Before I started using the Hooter Hider and Bjorn carrier I would have to take time to sit down and nurse or if I was out I would have to find a place I felt comfortable with and nurse. I have had different experiences nursing all three of my kids from extremely difficult to an absolute breeze. One thing that has been consistent when nursing my children is that they wanted to nurse ALL of the time. This meant that I would be confined to the couch or bed for most of the day. As mom's we are always busy which is exactly why I love these two items for giving me the freedom to do what I need to do.

The Hooter Hider can be purchased online at http://shop.bebeaulait.com/Hooter-Hiders-New
These nursing covers are comfortable to wear and give the discreetness that women want when nursing out in public. You can choose from a variety of patterns and designs that fit your personality. This item goes for $35.00 dollars. If your looking for something that fits into your budget than go to Target for their version of the Hooter Hider. This nursing cover goes for $14.00 dollars. The material is a bit thinner and there are some mixed reviews on it so make sure to do your research and see which one is better for you.

The Baby Bjorn carrier has been a life saver for me. I have been able to carry my newborn, hands free, while getting snacks for my other two children or picking up a few things around the house. The carrier is comfortable, sturdy and easy to use. I have had the same carrier for 4 years and it is a durable as the day I purchased it. Go to http://www.babybjorn.com/us/ and take a look at the variety of carriers that they have. You can also get a Baby Bjorn carrier at Target and Babies R Us to name a few. I have not only used this carrier for running errands with my baby and holding him at home but also for going on hikes. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Put these two products together; go out wearing your Bjorn carrier and Hooter Hider and walk around, holding your baby close and nurse him/her.... tell me what you think. I remember feeling very relaxed knowing that my baby was close, calm and full. A stress free mommy is a very, VERY happy mommy. Enjoy!

1 comment: