Thursday, March 3, 2011

My darling DIVA....

In most homes an adult is in charge, setting rules and expecting their children to follow them. But what if you have a diva as a daughter?? The roles somehow reverse and it is your diva of a daughter calling the shots and taking no prisoners!! Welcome to my home which consists of a darling, but tyrannical DIVA of a daughter. Yes, folks-- don't be fooled by those big round blue eyes, Cheshire cat smile and adorable gestures....she's tough, stubborn and 100% DIVA. How old is she you ask?....she's two!! Yep, I'm controlled by a two year old, but if you knew her personally you would know that age is just a number. So with much experience living with a diva I have devised a diva proof system that is sure to keep any diva from major meltdown, and as we all know a diva meltdown is MUCH more different than a "regular" meltdown. My daughters diva meltdowns consist of my carpet being saturated with orange juice, food smeared on my walls and a lot of theatrics....

Here are my 5 ways to keep from disaster with your DIVA:
  1. Keep a selection of snacks on hand: Your diva doesn't want one option of a snack. Oh, no- your darling wants a smorgasbord of treats. One minute she might want grapes, the next crackers, heck she might want a steak!! Have an assortment to choose from or else her pretty little vocals are sure to be put to the test.
  2. Positively PINK: Almost every diva LOVES pink. If you know whats good for you, you will keep something, ANYTHING pink on hand. A button, ribbon or sticker would even be fine as long is it displays the unchanging allure of pink.
  3. Compliments are expected: A sure way to keep your diva happy is by incessantly complimenting them. Make sure to compliment their diva outfit, even though the black tutu, green boots and orange head band look anything but diva-esq. Whenever I compliment my diva she turns to me with a smile, puts her hand on her hips, shakes her booty and tells me she's a princess...well, it's better then a tantrum, right?
  4. Sparkles are a must: If it sparkles and shines than you have a winner! If your diva is headed towards meltdown lane then bring out the sparkle. My diva has a pair of glittery shoes and every time she is having an especially diva type day I have her wear the shoes and poof...an absolute diva has transformed into a doll. She becomes so distracted with her diva sparkling shoes that she forgets about why she was even mad in the first place.
  5. Dress to impress...or not: I don't know about you but I'm letting my diva pick out her clothes....the tantrums not worth it!!! Sure, she looks a bit silly at times but for some reason she is as giddy as can be once she picks her own attire. She loves her rain boots, tutu's, head bands-that she wears similar to Rambo, and she has to have her purse and her half naked baby doll. The second I try and take one of those items away my darling diva's eyes water, her face turns the color red and a shrill is heard 20 miles away. I'm not messing with this two year old wardrobe, that's for sure!
My darling diva is the most precious little girl who I love more than words could express BUT that doesn't take away the fact that she is a true blue DIVA. The truth is I wouldn't change her diva-ness for the world...but then again I'm saying that since she's tucked cozy and comfy in her bed, sleeping and the house is finally at peace. Until tomorrow=)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...As I read this I cannot help but notice that I too know (or maybe I should say "knew") a diva, and this apple doesn't fall far from the tree! You still like pink, a variety of snacks, picking out your own spunky wardrobe etc, etc... This my dear, is PAYBACK! Haha, good thing your boys are mellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol--- dang it, you just might be right!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete